The Solid State Battery Isolator from CARTEK is a very small and highly reliable alternative to the traditional mechanical master-switch and has been designed to overcome all of the problems and restrictions associated with mechanical and electro/mechanical safety cut-outs. When fitted to a race car our Solid State Battery Isolator simultaneously isolates the battery and kills the engine immediately when triggered in accordance with FiA safety regulations.
This kit included high quality, fully waterproof, internal and external buttons and safety stickers. This system has also been designed to simplify installation thereby saving time and reducing build costs.
The CARTEK Battery Isolator is designed to be chassis mounted close to the vehicle’s battery and allows the heavy current power cables to be kept as short as possible. Typical installation requires one external kill button and just one internal on-off switch which are all interconnected using thin, low voltage wiring. However, the flexibility of this system also allows additional kill button/devices to be incorporated as well as full operation using just a single on/off switch if necessary. Microprocessor controlled incorporating false trigger detection, internal temperature monitoring and short-circuit protection offer unprecedented safety. Weighing in at just over 1/4 of a pound (120g) this Isolator is also incredibly light.
Items included in this kit:
- Electric Battery Isolator
- External Kill Switch
- Internal Kill Switch
- Miata Specific Installation Manual
- Wiring Diagram
Items needed for installation
- 30 to 40" negative battery cable with a battery clamp style terminal on one end and a M8 ring connector on the other end.
- 20" of 10 Gauge wire.
- (2) #12 x 3/4 self drilling screws for mounting the battery disconnect.
- (2) 10 gauge heat shrink/solder connectors
- (2) 10 gauge M6 sized ring terminals
- 18 gauge crimp connectors
- 18 gauge wire for external and internal switch connections
- 18 gauge wire for connecting internal and external kill switch buttons